Subject: date help text [was: bug#8142: Bug Submission]

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:52:41 -0700

retitle 8142 date help text
tag 8142 + notabug
close 8142
thanks

On 02/28/2011 06:23 PM, Schaefer, Kevin L wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> I located a bug in the help page for the date command, which can be accessed by typing "date --help". It says that the range for second is (00..60), when it should probably be (00..59).

Thanks for the report.  However, the man page is correct.  Some systems
support accurate calculation of leap seconds, and according to
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Leap_second, there have
been 24 such times in the last 40 years where the correct time ended in
:60 seconds; most recently on Dec 31 2008.  I've marked this report
closed in the database.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org