Subject: Re: bug#8141: 23.2.94; python-fill-paragraph

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:19:23 -0400

I have no idea what this report was supposed to be about.

It may have been about filling the following:

"""
triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
"""

In 24.1, using M-x fill-paragraph and M-x python-fill-paragraph give
slightly different results.

In the current trunk, using M-x fill-paragraph and M-x
python-fill-paragraph-function (why is this interactive?) obviously give
the same results. However, the result is not the same as either form in
24.1. It looks like this, with an empty line at the end that presumably
should not be there?

"""triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted
string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing
"quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.

"""