Subject: bug#8106: 23.2; Mouse events past column 94 prepend <menu-bar>

From: Joe Riel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:56:19 -0800

When using a nongraphical emacs in an xterm (emacs -nw),
and enabling xterm-mouse-mode, mouse events that occur past column
94 have "<menu-bar>" to be prepended to them.  This prevents
them from working properly.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-12-11 on brahms, modified by Debian
configured using `configure  '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
A ESC O D ESC O D ESC O A ESC O C # ESC O A ESC O D 
# ESC O A ESC O D # ESC O A ESC O D # C-x C-s C-z ESC 
O D C-d ESC O B C-d ESC O B C-d C-x C-s C-z ESC O B 
C-d ESC O B C-d ESC O B C-d C-x C-s C-z ESC O A # C-x 
C-s C-z ESC O B ESC O D # C-x C-s C-z ESC O C ESC O 
C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC 
O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C 
ESC O C ESC [ M SPC =3fffc0=3fffa7 4 ESC [ M # =3fffc0=3fffa7 4 
C-g ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D 
ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC 
O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O D ESC O B C-d ESC 
O B C-d ESC O B C-d ESC O B C-d ESC O B C-d C-x C-s 
C-z ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A C-z ESC 
[ M SPC p > ESC [ M # p > C-x C-b ESC O A C-g C-x C-f 
ESC DEL b i n / f l a t e TAB DEL DEL t t e TAB RET 
C-z C-z ESC x e m a c s DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL r e p o 
r t - e m TAB RET

Recent messages:
Quit
Saving file /home/joe/maplesoft/sandbox/MapleSim/main/test/flattenbug.mpl...
Wrote /home/joe/maplesoft/sandbox/MapleSim/main/test/flattenbug.mpl
Setting up indent for shell type bash
setting up indent stuff
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Folding buffer... done
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
byte-code: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/mdb-ir hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mdb-ir
~/.emacs.d/mdb-showstat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mdb-showstat
~/.emacs.d/mdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mdb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/maplev hides /usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/maplev
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/cdargs hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cdargs
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-xoxo hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-jsinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-wl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mew hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docbook hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-freemind hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-freemind
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-html hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mac-message hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-remember hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-inlinetask

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util
hashcash mail-utils emacsbug sh-script executable mpldoc derived ispell
newcomment help-mode view tmm electric cus-start cus-load xt-mouse
multi-isearch mdb-showstat mdb mdb-ir tq vc-git folding-isearch folding
maplev-mode maplev align imenu info abbrevlist ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff recentf
tree-widget wid-edit smtpmail sendmail iswitchb git-blame git log-edit
easymenu pcvs-util add-log ewoc cl cl-19 flymake compile comint ring
advice help-fns advice-preload bs skeleton regexp-opt warnings server
edmacro kmacro debian-el debian-el-loaddefs emacs-goodies-el
emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Joe Riel