Subject: bug#8100: closed (Re: bug#8100: Add option for dir-locals-file not to apply to subdirectories)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 03:07:01 +0000

Your bug report

#8100: Add option for dir-locals-file not to apply to subdirectories

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8100: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8100
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8100: Add option for dir-locals-file not to apply to subdirectories
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:06:02 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Glenn Morris wrote:

> There ought to be a way to mark a directory locals file such that it
> only applies to the directory it is in, not to any subdirectories.

Added (subdirs . nil) syntax for this.

Subject: Add option for dir-locals-file not to apply to subdirectories
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:53:53 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Severity: wishlist

Directory local variable files are really "project" local variable
files, in that they apply to all subdirectories below a given directory.
There ought to be a way to mark a directory locals file such that it
only applies to the directory it is in, not to any subdirectories.

Strictly speaking, the addition of this feature is necessary for
dir-locals-file to be a complete replacement for Dired-X's
dired-local-variables-file feature.