Subject: bug#8098: 24.0.50; Doc strings in `image-mode.el'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:41:34 -0800

Consider adding more doc strings - there is a paucity of them in this
file.
 
Remove the second line of the `image-type' doc string - we don't
normally document the _use_ of a variable (since it could be used
for more than one thing).
 
Why "as text" in the doc string of `image-minor-mode-map' but not that
of `image-mode-map'?  Is that correct?  Maybe it is, in which case the
minor mode is poorly named.  The names indicate that they are the same
thing, one major the other minor.
 
`image-toggle-display-text' is a _toggle_, so its doc string's first
line should not say that it shows the file as text.  It should say that
it toggles showing the file as text (or some such).  Similarly for
`image-toggle-display-image'?  And `image-toggle-display'?  (It's
unclear from the doc strings what this is all about.  Why three
commands?)
 
Why is this function named `*-hook': `image-after-revert-hook'?  Why not
just `image-after-revert'?  This is not a hook (a variable); it is a
hook function.
 
Doc string of `image-transform-mode' is grammatically incorrect:
"transforming the view of images Image modetransforming the view of
images Image mode".
 
Capitalize and spell-check the doc string of `image-transform-mode'.
And say a bit more (scaling and rotating what?).
 
`image-transform-resize', `image-transform-properties', and
`image-transform-set-resize': Doc string first line is not standalone
(incomplete sentence).

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-02-14 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'