Subject: bug#8079: rm command problem/suggestion

From: Mike Frysinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:18:30 -0500

On Friday, February 18, 2011 20:20:24 Luca Daniel wrote:
> 1) The problem: I can't find an easy way to remove a type of file through
> all sub-directories with GNU tool "rm" (remove). There is not an option to
> search through all sub-folders , only in the current working directory.
> Back when I used windows this was easy with the command : del /s *.pdf   .
> 2) The suggestion : please make an option for the "rm" command to look in
> sub-directories so it can be easier to use and increase functionality . I
> asked some people about this problem I have and the answer I got was not
> pretty in the sense that it was not a pretty command  =)  . I can't
> remember what is was because it was complicated (mixed with locate or
> find) and this is the problem ... it should be simple . So please give
> this a thought :) . I am an exclusive GNU/Linux user and all I miss from
> windoze is the simplicity of a simple command or switch .
> I found this e-mail in the man pages so I hope a don't bother anyone with
> my message as for this is not a bug, only a feature that I wish to see
> implemented sometime in the future.
> If there is a way to do it with only "rm" or a simple command and I missed
> it please reply , I would be grateful .

sorry, but this is out of scope for `rm`.  what you want to do is trivial 
already though:
	find -name '*.pdf' -delete
-mike