Subject: bug#8078: scroll bar does not indicate entire article is visible

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 06:06:33 +0800

They said this is an emacs bug
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/76896

>>>>> "j" == jidanni  <[email-masked]> writes:
j> Gentlemen, I'm sure you will observe that even with this short message
j> on your large screen, the scroll bar does not completely run the length
j> of the *Article* buffer, despite (info "(emacs) Scroll Bars") saying
j> "The scroll bar's inner box is drawn to represent the portion of the
j> buffer currently displayed, with the entire height of the scroll bar
j> representing the entire length of the buffer." Disturbing indeed, and
j> perhaps reflecting a deeper bug in current emacs too. Sure there are
j> other ways to tell if one is looking at all of something, but those
j> scroll bars need to be fixed.

j> In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of
j>  2011-02-10 on keller, modified by Debian (emacs-snapshot package,
j>  version 1:20110210-1) Windowing system distributor `The X.Org
j>  Foundation', version 11.0.10904000 configured using `configure
j>  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr'
j>  '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
j>  '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
j>  '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
j>  '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
j>  '--without-compress-info' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk'
j>  '--with-imagemagick=yes' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
j>  'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN
j>  -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed'
j>  'CPPFLAGS=''