Subject: bug#8072: closed (Re: bug#8072: Not an Emacs problem)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8072: 24.0.50; OS X: No antialiasing when external monitor is attached

which was filed against the emacs,ns package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8072: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8072
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8072: Not an Emacs problem
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:52:03 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dan McGuirk wrote:

> I discovered that this is a system-wide problem (occurs in all
> applications). So it's not really an Emacs bug.

Thanks for letting us know.

Subject: 24.0.50; OS X: No antialiasing when external monitor is attached
From: Dan McGuirk <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:38:21 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have a MacBook Pro and I'm using the Cocoa/ns version of Emacs. I 
turn on antialiasing in Emacs by setting ns-antialias-text to t. I just 
began using an external monitor, and if I start Emacs with the external 
monitor plugged in, the text never becomes antialiased despite setting 
this variable. If I unplug the external monitor and start Emacs that 
way, I get antialiased text again. 

I tried this on both a recent bzr build of Emacs 24 and the 
emacsformacosx.com release of Emacs 23.2.1. 

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.4 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.6.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.35) 
 of 2011-02-16 on surfer.local 
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038 
configured using `configure '--with-ns'' 

Important settings: 
 value of $LC_ALL: nil 
 value of $LC_COLLATE: nil 
 value of $LC_CTYPE: nil 
 value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil 
 value of $LC_MONETARY: nil 
 value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil 
 value of $LC_TIME: nil 
 value of $LANG: nil 
 value of $XMODIFIERS: nil 
 locale-coding-system: nil 
 default enable-multibyte-characters: t 

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp 

Minor modes in effect: 
 eldoc-mode: t 
 paredit-mode: t 
 workgroups-mode: t 
 global-auto-revert-mode: t 
 show-paren-mode: t 
 recentf-mode: t 
 mouse-wheel-mode: t 
 file-name-shadow-mode: t 
 global-font-lock-mode: t 
 font-lock-mode: t 
 auto-composition-mode: t 
 auto-encryption-mode: t 
 auto-compression-mode: t 
 column-number-mode: t 
 line-number-mode: t 
 transient-mark-mode: t 

Recent input: 
<ns-open-file-line> <help-echo> C-x C-f ~ / . e m a 
c s . d / d j m . e l <return> C-s a n t i C-a C-x 
C-f c u s t o m - <tab> s u r <tab> <return> M-< C-s 
a n t i a l i a s C-a M-x r e p o r t - e m a <tab> 
<return> C-g M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return> 

Recent messages: 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/djm.el (source)... 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/vendor/haskell-mode/haskell-site-file.el (source)...done 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/vendor/color-theme/color-theme-autoloads.el (source)...done 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/djm.el (source)...done 
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a. 
Loading vc-git...done 
Mark saved where search started 
Mark set 
Mark saved where search started 
Quit 

Load-path shadows: 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/erc-highlight-nicknames hides /Users/djm/.emacs.d//elpa-to-submit/erc-highlight-nicknames 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/loaddefs 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/json-1.2/json hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/json 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/css-mode 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/ruby-mode-1.1/ruby-mode hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//elpa-to-submit/cperl-mode hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-xoxo 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-wl hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-wl 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-vm hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-vm 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-remember hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-remember 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-publish hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-publish 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mks hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mks 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mew hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mew 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mac-message 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-latex hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-latex 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-jsinfo 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-icalendar 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-html hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-html 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-freemind 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-exp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docbook 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-complete hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-complete 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-beamer hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-beamer 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ascii 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sh 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/gnus-setup hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/gnus-setup 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-xdcc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-xdcc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-truncate hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-truncate 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-track hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-track 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-stamp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-stamp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-spelling hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-spelling 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-speedbar hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-speedbar 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-sound hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-sound 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-services hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-services 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ring hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-ring 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-replace hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-replace 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-pcomplete hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-pcomplete 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-page hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-page 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-notify hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-notify 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-networks hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-networks 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-netsplit hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-netsplit 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-menu hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-menu 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-match hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-match 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-log hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-log 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-list hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-list 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-lang hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-lang 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-join hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-join 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-imenu hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-imenu 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-identd hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-identd 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ibuffer hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-ibuffer 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-hecomplete hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-hecomplete 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-goodies hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-goodies 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-fill hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-fill 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ezbounce hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-ezbounce 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-dcc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-dcc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-compat hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-compat 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-capab hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-capab 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-button hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-button 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-backend hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-backend 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-autoaway hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-autoaway 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-3.0/tq hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/package hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/package 

Features: 
(shadow sort mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies 
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev 
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug url-util url-parse url-vars 
mm-util mail-prsvr help-mode view multi-isearch vc-git tramp 
tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile assoc 
netrc gnus-util time-date password-cache format-spec tramp-loaddefs 
regexp-opt project-local-variables eldoc paredit idle-highlight 
browse-kill-ring epa-file epa derived epg epg-config workgroups 
easy-mmode color-theme-autoloads winner ring server org-install 
autorevert starter-kit-ruby starter-kit-perl starter-kit-lisp 
starter-kit-eshell starter-kit-registers starter-kit-misc ido paren 
starter-kit-bindings windmove edmacro kmacro starter-kit-defuns imenu 
thingatpt dominating-file recentf tree-widget wid-edit ansi-color 
uniquify ffap saveplace starter-kit-elpa cl emms-autoloads erc-autoloads 
info easymenu find-file-in-project-autoloads full-ack-autoloads 
gist-autoloads idle-highlight-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads 
magit-autoloads project-local-variables-autoloads advice help-fns 
advice-preload relax-autoloads javascript-autoloads json-autoloads 
ruby-mode-autoloads weblogger-autoloads xml-rpc-autoloads 
yaml-mode-autoloads package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type 
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page 
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock 
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek 
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese 
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button 
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable 
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)