Subject: bug#8071: Please rename automake invocation node

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:29:13 -0700

On 12/30/2011 07:07 AM, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

>> I'm not sure if putting the @anchor after the @node make a difference.
>> If the anchor takes the old name to the previous node, then we may want
>> to move the anchor to appear after the @node.
>>
> It's a pity that, with the current infrastructure, there now is viable way
> to test how a change done in the git repository will reflect on the
> on-line manual :-(

I'm assuming you meant:

s/now is/is no/

but there _is_ a way:

make html
$browser dox/automake.html/index.html

lets you browse the one-page-per-node html.  Also, looking in that
directory, I see doc/automake.html/Invoking-aclocal.html with contents:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;
url=Optional.html#Invoking%20aclocal">

which means the anchor got associated with the page Optional.html,
instead of the desired aclocal-Invocation.html.

So we _do_ need to make the swap.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org