Subject: bug#8059: closed (Re: bug#8059: 24.0.50; Gnus: Messages marked read are marked unread again on update)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8059: 24.0.50; Gnus: Messages marked read are marked unread again on update

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8059: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8059
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8059: 24.0.50; Gnus: Messages marked read are marked unread again on update
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: Christoph <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:36:16 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Christoph <[email-masked]> writes:

> I select a group, get caught up with `M C' (gnus-summary-catchup). All
> messages are marked read. Exit the group, group buffer says 0 messages
> available for this group. Press `g' (gnus-group-get-new-news) to update
> groups and all messages marked read in the previous steps are marked
> unread again.
>
> This worked fine a day or two ago.

This has been fixed in git Gnus earlier today, so bzr Emacs will be
getting the fix soon.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

Subject: 24.0.50; Gnus: Messages marked read are marked unread again on update
From: Christoph <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:01:51 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gnus from Emacs 24.0.50 r103305.

I select a group, get caught up with `M C' (gnus-summary-catchup). All
messages are marked read. Exit the group, group buffer says 0 messages
available for this group. Press `g' (gnus-group-get-new-news) to update
groups and all messages marked read in the previous steps are marked
unread again.

This worked fine a day or two ago.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2011-02-16 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --cflags -IC:/Progra~2/GnuWin32/include -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/include -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/src'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  ido-everywhere: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x g n u s <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/color-theme/themes/color-theme-example.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/color-theme/themes/color-theme-library.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins/zenburn.el (source)...done
Ido mode enabled
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/anything-c-adaptive-history...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/plugins.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/gnus.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
call-interactively: End of buffer [6 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug url-util url-parse auth-source netrc
gnus-util time-date password-cache url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr server
js2-mode-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads package re-builder dired+
dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired-aux ibuffer nav nav-tags python-21 python
nav-bufs anything-config warnings browse-url semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw loaddefs
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile mode-local cedet imenu bookmark pp
dired rx ffap thingatpt anything google-c-style cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
grep-o-matic grep compile comint browse-kill-ring+ browse-kill-ring
second-sel ido yasnippet dropdown-list derived easy-mmode assoc
etags-table etags ring remember zenburn color-theme edmacro kmacro
wid-edit cl sendmail regexp-opt mail-utils reporter easymenu uniquify
advice help-fns advice-preload autorevert tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)