Subject: bug#8057: 23.2.93; (PCL-CVS and) log-edit

From: Reiner Steib <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:21:08 +0100

Hi,

assume you have this new entry in the file/buffer ChangeLog:

| 2011-02-16  Reiner Steib  <foo@invalid>
|
| 	* some-longish-file-name.txt (module): New.

In the *cvs* buffer, you mark the files some-longish-file-name.txt and
ChangeLog, then hit `C' (cvs-mode-commit-setup).

In Emacs 23.2.93, I get this log-edit buffer:

| Summary:
|
| * some-longish-file-name.txt (module): New.

Problem (1):

The user has no information what will happen to the pseudo headers
(e.g. "Summary:") and the empty lines.  By trial reading
`log-edit-done', I found out that they will not clutter the file's
commit log.

   ;; Clean up empty headers.
   [...]
   ;; Get rid of leading empty lines.

Maybe we could add some lines (at the bottom) similar like CVS:

| Summary:
|
| * Berechtigungen_und_Web-Access.txt (module): New.
|
| VC: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
| VC: Enter log message above this line.  Empty header lines (e.g.  
"Summary:"), empty
| VC: lines and lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically.
| VC:
| VC: Press C-c C-c when you are done editing.
| VC: ----------------------------------------------------------------------

The lines starting with "VC: " should use `font-lock-comment-face'.

Problem (2):

In Emacs 23.2, I had:

| (module): New.

For single-file commits (ChangeLog not counted as a file), the file name
was stripped before setting up the log-edit buffer.  Is it possible to
restore this?

Bye, Reiner