Subject: Re: Review of Bug#8055 patch

From: Zweimueller Wolfgang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 08:50:04 +0200

Good Morning,

I'm new here. I tried Magnus' patch because I lost a lot of mails with
offlineimap (v6.5.4-1) and Gnus 5.13.

"Lars Ingebrigtsen" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Please review the patch posted by Magnus Henoch at
>>
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8055
>
> I don't use nnmaildir myself, and I'm not quite sure that I know how it
> works, but I've had a look over the patch, and it looks fine to me.

I can't say anything about the code itself (I don't write Lisp code).

I tried the patch from Magnus branch (actually the whole branch). And
it did not change anything: there were still a lot of lost mails!
Additionally Gnus had problems finding mails it renamed. At this point
I was unable to rescan the inbox or leave it. 

Best regards,
Wolfgang