Subject: Re: bug#8055: 24.0.50; [nnmaildir/Gnus] please support in-filename Maildir flags

From: Luca Capello <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:36:11 +0200

Hi there!

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:34:43 +0200, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Luca Capello <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Now that I know that it is for me impossible to use Gnus with Maildir, I
>> would like to help *in any way* to find a solution, which IMHO is quite
>> simple: supporting the in-filename Maildir flags.
>
> Thank you for a thorough report on this.

You are welcome.  FYI I have also created a very basic wiki page about
this, so in the future people will not need to dig in mailing list
archives or Internet searches:

  <http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusMaildir>

That page should also work as a roadmap for my (future, maybe vaporware)
work on this matter.  However, I do not really know where to start,
i.e. either by adapting nnml to Maildir (given that anyway nnml already
uses a 'one mail per file' storage) or from scratch.  Hints are welcome,
but I do not assure anything, given that I am quite busy with real life
(and other work, especially for Debian).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca