Subject: Re: bug#8050: Gnus does not connect to my IMAP server any more

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:17:51 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> LMI> The question that's relevant is "do you want to save the password?"
> LMI> That's the only thing a normal user could possibly be interested in, and
> LMI> it's a yes or no question.
>
> I disagree.  It's a single extra letter in a y/n prompt.  I don't see
> how it's intrusive.  You can set auth-source-never-save to t right now
> and never even see the y/n prompt.  I've accomodated all the prompting
> suggestions but I'm not removing that functionality.

It's an extra letter, but it's a completely incomprehensible extra
choice for the users.  I know that when I'm using something, I don't
want to be faced with options that I have no possible interest in.

The normal reaction to such a prompt is "oh, should I edit this?  How
should I edit this?  Do I need to edit this?"

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen