Subject: bug#8027: 23.2; shell problem with $( and !!

From: David Relson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 23:21:44 -0500

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 21:24:20 -0500
Glenn Morris wrote:

> 
> Please use a valid email address when reporting bugs.
> 
> Glenn Morris wrote (on Sat, 12 Feb 2011 at 21:22 -0500):
> 
> > Dupe of 1795 and 5007.

Hi Glen,

Sorry about that, and I thank you for writing.  I had wondered why
there wasn't an autoresponse to the bug report. 

Evidently emacs' bug reporting system picked up my machine name
from /etc/hosts, which I didn't realize, rather than my email address.
How do I tell emacs my email address so that bug reports will be
correct (without needing manual fixing)?

FWIW, the fix for 1795 is defective.  It fixes the changing of "$(" to
"$ (" when "!!<tab>" is used.  However, when "!$<tab>" is used to get
the last argument, the 1795 fix duplicates the whole previous line.

It's my belief that "!$<tab>" and "!$<enter>" should behave the same,
but they don't and it's frustrating.

 David