Subject: bug#8026: closed (Re: bug#8026: say how to turn of Flyspell mode in more than just text buffers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 01:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8026: say how to turn of Flyspell mode in more than just text buffers

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8026: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8026
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8026: say how to turn of Flyspell mode in more than just text buffers
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 21:57:35 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tags 8026 wontfix
stop

The manual does not need to cover everything everyone might possibly
want to do. Try find-file-hook (ask on help-gnu-emacs if you need more).

Subject: say how to turn of Flyspell mode in more than just text buffers
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 07:55:15 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In (info "(emacs) Spelling") we see:

     Flyspell mode is a fully-automatic way to check spelling as you edit
  in Emacs.  It operates by checking words as you change or insert them.
  When it finds a word that it does not recognize, it highlights that
  word.  This does not interfere with your editing, but when you see the
  highlighted word, you can move to it and fix it.  Type `M-x
  flyspell-mode' to enable or disable this mode in the current buffer.  To
  enable `flyspell-mode' in all text mode buffers, add `turn-on-flyspell'
  to `text-mode-hook'.

Kindly please mention also how to:

*Add it to all buffers, not just text mode.

*And then how to exclude it from some other buffers.

*Also don't just say
  add `turn-on-flyspell' to `text-mode-hook'.
but give the actual code needed.