Subject: bug#8025: 24.0.50; vc-bzr does not perform initial commit

From: Christoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 12:18:11 -0700

Running emacs 24.0.50 r103325 on Windows 7.

In a cmd window in `C:/' do the following:
mkdir "my temp"
cd "my temp"
echo test > test.txt
Open test.txt with Emacs.
M-x vc-next-action

Minibuffer output: Registering (c:/my temp/test.txt)... done

M-x vc-next-action

Minibuffer output: Previous master file has vanished.  Make a new one? (y
or n)

Answering yes, the file is registered again. Answering no aborts the
process.

However, the next action should be committing the file to the repository. 

If I commit the file externally in a cmd window with `hg commit', then
edit the file in Emacs and do M-x vc-next-action, the file is committed
correctly.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2011-02-12 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --cflags -IC:/Progra~2/GnuWin32/include -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/include -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/src'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  ido-everywhere: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x RET r e p o <tab> r t - e m <tab> <return> v c 
- b a r <backspace> <backspace> z r SPC d o e s SPC 
n i t <backspace> <backspace> o t SPC C-g C-x P C-g 
C-x M-p M-p C-g C-x C-f M-p c : / m y <return> C-s 
<return> C-x RET M-[ M-p C-n C-x RET v c - n e x t 
C-g C-x RET v c - n e x t <tab> <return> C-x RET v 
<backspace> v c - n e x t <tab> <return> n C-d C-x 
C-s C-x b m e s s <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <down> <down> C-x RET <up> C-g C-x RET r 
e p o r t - e <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Quit [2 times]
Loading vc-bzr...done
byte-code: End of buffer
read-extended-command: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit
Registering (c:/my temp/test.txt)... done
Previous master file has vanished.  Make a new one? (y or n)  n
vc-register: Aborted
Saving file c:/my temp/test.txt...
Wrote c:/my temp/test.txt
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher
vc-bzr sha1 hex-util emacsbug url-util url-parse auth-source netrc
gnus-util time-date url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr help-mode view server
js2-mode-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads package re-builder dired+
dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired-aux ibuffer nav nav-tags python-21 python
nav-bufs anything-config warnings browse-url semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw loaddefs
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile mode-local cedet imenu bookmark pp
dired rx ffap thingatpt anything google-c-style cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
grep-o-matic grep compile comint browse-kill-ring+ browse-kill-ring
second-sel ido yasnippet dropdown-list derived easy-mmode assoc
etags-table etags ring remember zenburn color-theme edmacro kmacro
wid-edit cl sendmail regexp-opt mail-utils reporter easymenu uniquify
advice help-fns advice-preload autorevert tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)