Subject: bug#7987: 23.2; Refill error in message-mode

From: Jesse Sheidlower <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:06:39 -0500

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:58:17PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Well, I don't truly know how common this use-case is (though it's common
> > enough that the EmacsWiki entry for Mutt and Emacs provides a
> > workaround), but maybe it would also be good to be able to have
> > message-mode accept the fact that you're editing a message body only? I
> > personally don't use message-mode for the actual sending of messages,
> > and in general I'd think that there could be reasons for wanting the
> > editing and formatting features of message-mode without the sending
> > features. Being able to say explicitly that you're editing the body
> 
> AFAIK, more than 90% of message-mode's code i devoted to editing of the
> headers and to the sending part of the job.  E.g. I'm not sure what
> happens if you try to use MIME attachments in your use-case, but
> I suspect it won't work right.

In my use-case you wouldn't do this; as with the headers, you'd normally
attach MIME attachments using Mutt itself, not Emacs.

Jesse