Subject: bug#7962: 23.2; capitalize letters ISO-8859-1 with diacritic signs in emacs 23.2.1

From: Emmanuel Bigler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 09:09:37 +0100

> 3/ now I cut-paste a line of the old unibyte file and enter a fresh
> letter with diacritic sign in thye middel of this line ; I'm still in
> 2-byte codeing/display : the letter entered in the middle of unibytes
> seems to stay unibyte !!
> Is this a bug, a feature, or misconceptions / misunderstandings on my
> side ??
>

Ooops ! this was an error on my side, forget about this.

  I simply entered a fresh letter in the middle of an old unibyte line 
of an old file, fresh letter in unibyte format/display. So it behaves as 
it should.  When toggled to 2-byte display, the old line does not change 
but characters entered in multibyte in the middel eof it are displayed 
as 2-byte ... when toggles *back* to unibyte display.

So ("same player shoot again", sorry) everything works as it should, 
i.e. fine, except that captialize does not work on unibyte letters with 
diacritic signs, when displayed as unibyte.

Now the last test is to enter fresh letters in 2-byte, capitalize them, 
do not switch bak to unibyet display, save the file, exits emacs,  and 
see what happens when re-loaded/displayed as unibyte.

--
E.B.