Subject: bug#7962: 23.2; capitalize letters ISO-8859-1 with diacritic signs in emacs 23.2.1

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 20:37:18 +0200

> Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 18:08:51 +0100
> From: Emmanuel Bigler <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> However, in this emacs -Q session, with a correct unibyte display of
> an unibyte file, *capitalize does not work*.

I cannot reproduce this.  If I start an Emacs session exactly like you
say, with the file you attached, I get correct display and
capitalization does work for me.

> Additional info : when applying the M-c command to a letter above
> decimal ascii 224, nothing happens on the display as reported, *although 
> the buffer is marked as being changed.*

What does "C-h c M-c" say?

Also, what does Emacs show when you put the cursor on the caharcter
you just applied M-c to, and type "C-u C-x ="?

> Bug, or UTF-8 emacs 23.2 feature ?

Neither.  It's some strange issue specific to your system, I think.