Subject: bug#7952: 24.0.50; crash in find_interval

From: Romain Francoise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:45:30 +0100

Hi Eli,

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is this repeatable enough to present a recipe starting from
> "emacs -Q"?

Sure, the recipe is the same as in my opening message:

1) Start ./src/emacs -Q -nw in the top-level of the source tree
2) Do M-x grep-find RET emacs RET
3) Do C-x 0 to maximize the window with the *grep* buffer
4) Move around with C-v, M-v, M-< or M-> until it crashes (e.g. M-> M-v)

Also, this is not specific to my machine because I can
reproduce it on fencepost. I generated a core file for you
(~rfrancoise/emacs/core) if you want to have a closer look.

> This backtrace doesn't look similar to the previous one at all, FWIW.
> It happens in a totally different and unrelated place of the display
> engine.  So why do you think it's the same problem?

Because it happens in the same circumstances. But actually, I've now
tried it a few more times and hit the other abort again, once (the
one at intervals.c:635)... so it could be two bugs, or a bug that
results in two different aborts.