Subject: 24.0.50; query-replace no longer moves to the text to be replaced

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:39:12 -0800

This is a regression starting with this build from 2011-01-17.  There is
no such problem in the build from the week earlier, 2011-01-10 (which is
this: GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-01-10 on
3249CTO Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include').  Similarly, no problem with any previous
build.
 
Recipe:
 
1. Download these two files from Emacs Wiki:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/hexrgb.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/oneonone.el
 
2. Start Emacs this way:
runemacs.exe -Q --debug-init -l "hexrgb.el" -l "oneonone.el" -f "1on1-emacs"
 
3. Visit (for example) hexrgb.el.
 
4. With point at bob, do a query-replace for some text that first occurs
below the window (i.e. is not visible without scrolling).  For example,
in file hexrgb.el, do this:
 
M-% Do not try RET DO NOT TRY RET
 
5. You get prompted to answer whether to replace the first occurrence,
but the window is not scrolled to show you the occurrence.  This makes
query-replace useless.
 
Do the same thing in any previous build (e.g. from 2011-01-10) and there
is no problem.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-01-17 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'