Subject: bug#7949: 24.0.50; GNU Emacs with Xaw3d does not launch as X client

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 22:07:20 +0100

Am 04.02.2011 um 16:30 schrieb Jan Djärv:

> Is there anyplace I can get the X server you are using?

I should add that the compile command to install the X server is:

	(sudo) port install xorg-server

Before, you should run

	(sudo) port selfupdate

that the latest packages are known. I prefer to install the "unstable"  
X server (right now it seems that "stable" and "unstable" are the  
same). To achieve this you'd need:

	(sudo) port install xorg-server-devel

When you want some more documentation on the X server, you'd need:

	(sudo) port install xorg-server-devel+docs or xorg-server-devel  
@1.9.3_0+docs

(If you want to know which variants of a package exist: port variants  
<package name>.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Ce qui a été compris n'existe plus.
				(Paul Eluard)