Subject: Re: bug#7949: 24.0.50; GNU Emacs with Xaw3d does not launch as X client

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 00:49:05 +0100

Am 31.01.2011 um 23:07 schrieb Jan Djärv:

> Does commenting out the XSync in the error handler fix things?

Which line is it? The first one?

./lwlib/xlwmenu.c:2263:  XSync (XtDisplay (mw), False);
./oldXMenu/Activate.c:240:    XSync(display, 0);
./oldXMenu/Activate.c:543:    XSync(display, 0);
./src/xfns.c:4171:  XSync (FRAME_X_DISPLAY (f), False);
./src/xfns.c:4512:	      XSync (FRAME_X_DISPLAY (f), False);
./src/xselect.c:781:  /* 2004-09-10: XSync and UNBLOCK so that  
possible protocol errors are
./src/xselect.c:783:  XSync (display, False);
./src/xterm.c:5851:                    XSync (d, False);
./src/xterm.c:7566:  XSync (dpy, False);
./src/xterm.c:7585:     Check if it is still open before calling  
XSync.  */
./src/xterm.c:7587:    XSync (x_error_message->dpy, False);
./src/xterm.c:7603:  XSync (dpy, False);
./src/xterm.c:7621:  XSync (dpy, False);
./src/xterm.c:8682:      /* In theory, this call to XSync only needs  
to happen once, but in
./src/xterm.c:8686:      XSync (FRAME_X_DISPLAY (f), False);
./src/xterm.c:9024:  XSync (FRAME_X_DISPLAY (f), False);

I'm not that experienced with debugging (or X programming), and I also  
think that I never could create a backtrace from gdb... (for Jeremy  
Huddleston I used the spindump command while GNU Emacs was trying to  
launch)

I could retry to configure GNU Emacs with more exact debug options,  
like maximum level and exactly telling to use the native DWARF2 format..

--
Greetings

   Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
				- Groucho Marx