Subject: bug#79470: [PATCH] backward-sentence: Fix inaccuracy in manual's description

From: ERIC Frederickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2025 23:16:23 -0500

Hello everyone,

The patch attached to this message corrects a small inaccuracy in the
description of the 'backward-sentence' command in
doc/emacs/text.texi (Sentences).

When describing the behavior of 'backward-sentence', the manual states
that this command leaves point "just before the first character of the
sentence".  This is incorrect, as 'backward-sentence' actually leaves
point _on_ the first character of the sentence.

When I first saw this, I thought I had to be missing something, but
after reading through adjacent docs to make sure I had the right
interpretation of point being "on" a character vs "before"/"after" it,
and then multi-checking that I wasn't simply misreading the manual, I
came to the conclusion that patching this description to use the word
"on" instead of the words "just before" would be worthwhile.

^L

Also: I hope that I'm not cluttering the mailing list with too many
small patches sent close together.  I've happened to have a good deal
of free time this week and have been enjoying trying to make some
improvements to my favorite program.  If anything I've been doing
lately has been causing too much noise for anyone, please do let me
know what kind of conduct is best appreciated around here, and I'll do
my best to align with that.

Thank you for your time,
--
Eric Frederickson