Subject: bug#79460: closed (Re: bug#79460: [PATCH] eshell: Minor documentation fixes)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 17:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#79460: [PATCH] eshell: Minor documentation fixes

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
79460: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=79460
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#79460: [PATCH] eshell: Minor documentation fixes
From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
To: ERIC Frederickson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 10:42:09 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 9/16/2025 11:44 AM, ERIC Frederickson wrote:
> I was reading through the Eshell manual today and ran into a couple of
> stumbling blocks: one was a typo, and the other was a small passage of
> phrasing that threw me for a loop. Both are minor issues, but I figured
> I'd write some patches for them, which I've attached to this message.

Thanks for the fixes. I've merged both of these to the master branch, so 
marking this bug as done.

Subject: [PATCH] eshell: Minor documentation fixes
From: ERIC Frederickson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2025 13:44:21 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi everyone,

I was reading through the Eshell manual today and ran into a couple of
stumbling blocks: one was a typo, and the other was a small passage of
phrasing that threw me for a loop. Both are minor issues, but I figured
I'd write some patches for them, which I've attached to this message.

(Note: this would be my first contribution to emacs.git, so I haven't
signed any FSF copyright forms yet, but as far as I know that isn't
necessary if your diffs are only a few lines (as mine are here)).

(Also, I originally sent this message to [email-masked], and
realized that this was a mistake upon looking through the CONTRIBUTE
file. Re-sending it here to the (hopefully) correct location).

Thank you, (and sorry for the double message,)
--
Eric Frederickson
https://emfred.com