Subject: Re: bug#7944: Should AM_PATH_PYTHON call AC_ARG_VAR?

From: Jack Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 09:59:21 +1100

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Stefano Lattarini
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2011, Jack Kelly wrote:
>> I've noticed that if you put AM_PATH_PYTHON in configure.ac, it
>> doesn't add an entry for PYTHON in ./configure --help. Is PYTHON meant
>> to be a user's variable?
> According to the comments in `m4/python.m4' and to the tests
> `python{4,6,11}.test', it is (and I think that's a good policy).
> Documenting the fact in the configure help screen and in the
> manual would be a good idea too.  What about the attached patch?

Looks good to me, bar the following nit:

doc/automake.texi:
+If @var{action-if-not-found} is not specified, as in the following example
+, the default is to abort @command{configure}.

Should the comma be on the previous line?

> BTW, Jack, are you the same Jack Kelly already listed in THANKS
> ("Jack Kelly <[email-masked]>")?  If yes, should we update
> your e-mail address?

Yes I am, and yes please.

-- Jack