Subject: Re: bug#79424: 30.2; shell-mode doesn't hide password

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2025 09:25:27 +0200

Version: 31.1

André A. Gomes <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi André,

>>> I remind you that I am running a VM with qemu where I'm passing "-net
>>> user,hostfwd=tcp::2222-:22".  This maps the localhost port 2222 to port
>>> 22 on the VM, so that I can connect to the VM via "ssh user@host -p
>>> 2222".  Let me know if you understood the setup.
>>
>> I understand, but I cannot set it up locally w/o too much effort. And
>> I'd like to know whether the changed password prompt comes from this
>> port forwarding, or from something else you have configured in ssh.
>
> I haven't configured ssh in any particular way, so it comes from the
> port forwarding.  Note that, earlier in this thread, a user confirmed my
> bug report.  In short, the patch enriches comint-password-prompt-regexp
> to take this password prompt into account.  Maybe there is a simpler way
> to reproduce it, but I am unaware of it.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yep. I've pushed your patch to the master branch, closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.