Subject: bug#79395: 30.2; Search for a function inside a mini buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2025 21:42:57 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2025 20:33:57 +0300
> 
> > However, the discussion in bug#64656 is very long and talks about
> > quite a few separate issues.  Could you please summarize only the part
> > that is related to using C-s at the prompt of "C-h f"?  In particular,
> > what is "C-s" supposed to search in this case, when the minibuffer is
> > empty?
> 
> "C-s" is supposed to search the "future history",
> i.e. the same values visited by "M-x M-n M-n M-n ...".

If that's the intent, then why isn't this documented anywhere I could
think to look?  That C-s should do that in this case is completely
non-obvious, so I wonder how come people know about it if we didn't
document it?

Can you point me to the place where we bind C-s to do that, please?