Subject: 31.0.50; Flymake does not check Elisp code anymore

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2025 23:29:49 +0200

If elisp-flymake-byte-compile-executable is nil (the default), the
absolute file predicate fails and as a result Flymake does not check
Elisp anymore:

(file-name-absolute-p elisp-flymake-byte-compile-executable)

Workaround:

(setq elisp-flymake-byte-compile-executable "emacs")

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-09-03
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101016
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 13 (trixie)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=$HOME/.local/share/emacs
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter --with-native-compilation
 --with-dbus --without-selinux --without-threads --disable-gc-mark-trace
 --without-gsettings --without-gpm --with-cairo --with-cairo-xcb
 --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-O3 -mtune=native -march=native''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD
LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM
XRANDR GTK3 ZLIB