Subject: Re: bug#79351: 30.2; window-resize-symbollwise

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2025 08:26:40 +0300

> From: Yurii Pytomets <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2025 05:24:36 +0300
> 
> It's a UX feature request.
> 
> There's a window-resize-pixelwise, but no window-resize-symbollwise:
> what I want, as a user, is to have a similar user experience to the
> -nw version of Emacs under graphical environment.
> 
> Currently even with the window-resize-pixelwise nil, and with the
> pixel-scroll-precision-mode nil, there's a cases when during window
> resizing, modeline appears in-the-middle of the character line or
> jumping around inconsistently.  What I expect is a smooth UX where
> each windows has a whole number of rows and columns.  An example of
> such a wrong user case attached.

According to the manual, window-resize-pixelwise = nil is what you
want.  However, it currently doesn't affect dragging the window border
with the mouse, AFAIU.  Martin, am I right?  This could be a simple
omission.