Subject: Re: bug#79351: 30.2; window-resize-symbollwise

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2025 09:31:18 +0200

> According to the manual, window-resize-pixelwise = nil is what you
 > want.  However, it currently doesn't affect dragging the window border
 > with the mouse, AFAIU.  Martin, am I right?  This could be a simple
 > omission.

You and Stefan wanted mouse dragging to work pixelwise.  See the
discussion in Bug#16594.

commit a1a04df94c2cdea0f24733aa9b1892ee7ba50b13
Author: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jan 30 19:42:48 2014 +0200

     Revert last commit in mouse.el.

commit df1834593692c4103f89de90aaa882a2fb404eb6
Author: Martin Rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jan 30 14:19:19 2014 +0100

     In mouse-drag-line obey window-resize-pixelwise (Bug#16594).

     * mouse.el (mouse-drag-line): When window-resize-pixelwise is
     nil call adjust-window-trailing-edge with suitable arguments
     (Bug#16594).

martin