Subject: 24.0.50; Cursor position by mouse click is broken.

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:53:06 +0100

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list
and the gnu.emacs.bug news group, and at http://debbugs.gnu.org.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

Click somewhere in the text, say around the middle of the line.
Expected: Cursor ends up where you clicked.
Actual:   Cursor ends up at the first column.

Reverting this change fixes it:

2011-01-28  Chong Yidong  <[email-masked]>

	* keyboard.c (make_lispy_position): For clicks on right fringe or
	margin, compute text position using the X coordinate relative to
	the left of the text area (Bug#7839).

         Jan D.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/opt/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.0.50/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
  of 2011-01-29 on f13.localdomain
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.10802000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/opt/emacs-trunk' '--verbose' 
'--enable-asserts' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s-x <escape> x e
m a c s <escape> <backspace> r e p o r t - e m a c
s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/home/jhd/src/emacs/trunk/leim/leim-list hides 
/home/jhd/src/emacs/obj-cur-gtk/leim/leim-list

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util time-date mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)