Subject: Re: bug#79346: igc: PolicyShouldCollectWorld

From: Payas Relekar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2025 19:43:53 +0530

Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> From what I see in git, as a bystander, either more or less everyone
> involved has lost interest, or it's considered stable, and there's not
> much more to do.

Just my ¢2. I've been daily-driving feature/igc for few months now, and
other than couple of crashes early on, it has been pretty smooth sailing
for past couple of months at least.

I'd very much like to see it land in master, hopefully in time for next
release, even if igc isn't enabled by default. I'm not particularly fond
of running master day-to-day, but am very much willing to build stable
with different flag for igc. My distro of choice can easily support both
variants (already does for emacs-nox and pgtk) and I will be happy to
add and maintain another variant for igc.

Anyway, a lot of work has been poured into feature/igc, I can attest to
its stability (for what its worth) and would really like to see it
merged.

Thanks,
Payas