Subject: Re: bug#79346: igc: PolicyShouldCollectWorld

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2025 05:46:09 +0200

Helmut Eller <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 04 2025, Gerd Möllmann wrote:
>
> [...]
>> Anyway, the number and size of generations is such a thing. I've been
>> playing with that on and off and I think I found a setting that works
>> noticeably smoother than the default.
>
> It seems to me that the arena pause_time parameter must be tuned
> together with the size(s) of the generation(s).  

That's true. I forgot to mention the 0.02s I am using.

> Smaller generations require shorter pause_times. I gravitate towards
> 10MB for the first generation and 10 milliseconds pause time. My
> feeling is that something in the order of 10MB should work better than
> 100MB. Of course, this requires measurements to be sure.

:-)

>
>> I've made me something that makes it easier to play with:
>
> I've been using this:

Thanks. I'll try to get that into my Emacs a bit later because I have
some changes here that lead to conflicts.

Concerning feature/igc, I've come to the conclusion that it's probably
best for my peace when I ignore its existence and don't push anything
there anymore, either your changes or mine.

I could make a new branch though if you like. Just tell.