Subject: bug#79346: igc: PolicyShouldCollectWorld

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2025 17:10:35 +0200

Payas Relekar <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> From where I stand, important changes are still being installed and
>> discussed.  Also, the discussion of whether to fork MPS has died
>> without any clear conclusions.  Both of these are signs that the
>> branch is still not ready to land on master, its stability
>> notwithstanding.
>
> IIRC, the biggest con was having to keep up with upstream, which has
> barely changed in years. The whole vendoring discussion began because
> Emacs requires patches to MPS that aren't merged upstream because it
> moves so slow (or not at all). Should we get a round of votes from
> actual maintainers of feature/igc and just be done with this?
> Gerd/Helmut WDYT?

I don't consider myself a maintainer. In fact I've said right from the
start that I don't want to maintain anything again. So I'll leave that
to others to answer.

>> And if we do decide to land this, we will need motivated individuals
>> to react to issues and fix them in a timely manner, and do other
>> mundane jobs that always pop up when a significant new feature lands
>> on master.
>
> I'm unequipped to fix issues (I know as much C as our stray cat), but
> what kind of mundane jobs are you looking to get help with? If its bug
> triage or testing, I'm happy to apply.

Eli is right, and I therefore tried to raise the question who is left to
do the maintenance, should igc land in master.