Subject: Re: bug#79346: igc: PolicyShouldCollectWorld

From: Payas Relekar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2025 20:25:47 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> From where I stand, important changes are still being installed and
> discussed.  Also, the discussion of whether to fork MPS has died
> without any clear conclusions.  Both of these are signs that the
> branch is still not ready to land on master, its stability
> notwithstanding.

IIRC, the biggest con was having to keep up with upstream, which has
barely changed in years. The whole vendoring discussion began because
Emacs requires patches to MPS that aren't merged upstream because it
moves so slow (or not at all). Should we get a round of votes from
actual maintainers of feature/igc and just be done with this?
Gerd/Helmut WDYT?

> And if we do decide to land this, we will need motivated individuals
> to react to issues and fix them in a timely manner, and do other
> mundane jobs that always pop up when a significant new feature lands
> on master.

I'm unequipped to fix issues (I know as much C as our stray cat), but
what kind of mundane jobs are you looking to get help with? If its bug
triage or testing, I'm happy to apply.

Regards,
Payas

--