Subject: bug#79345: guix pull: failed to compute the derivation for Guix

From: Nala Ginrut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2025 19:12:12 +0900

Here's the log:

-----------------------------cut--------------------------------
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.guix.gnu.org/guix.git'...
guix pull: warning: pulled channel 'guix' from a mirror of
https://git.guix.gnu.org/guix.git, which might be stale
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.guix.gnu.org/guix.git  a612e7c
Backtrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9 19 (for-each #<procedure 7ff0479c0ed0 at
./guix/serialization.scm:381:19 (e)> ("gnu"))
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   386:23 18 (_ "gnu")
    381:9 17 (dump "guix-packages-base-source/gnu")
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9 16 (for-each #<procedure 7ff0479c0ea0 at
./guix/serialization.scm:381:19 (e)> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   386:23 15 (_ "packages")
    381:9 14 (dump "guix-packages-base-source/gnu/packages")
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9 13 (for-each #<procedure 7ff0479c0e10 at
./guix/serialization.scm:381:19 (e)> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   386:23 12 (_ "aux-files")
    381:9 11 (dump "guix-packages-base-source/gnu/packages/aux-files")
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9 10 (for-each #<procedure 7ff0479c06c0 at
./guix/serialization.scm:381:19 (e)> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   386:23  9 (_ "linux-libre")
    381:9  8 (dump
"guix-packages-base-source/gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre")
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    634:9  7 (for-each #<procedure 7ff0479c03f0 at
./guix/serialization.scm:381:19 (e)> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   386:23  6 (_ "6.1-i686.conf")
   375:13  5 (dump
"guix-packages-base-source/gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/6.1-i686.conf")
    258:2  4 (write-contents-from-port #<input:
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/6.1-i686.conf 12> #<output: stri?> ?)
   250:16  3 (loop 198536)
In unknown file:
           2 (put-bytevector #<output: string 7ff05d082070> #vu8(78 70 73
71 95 83 67 83 73 95 83 89 77 53 51 67 # ?) ?)
In ./guix/store.scm:
    947:4  1 (loop 16456 49080 16456)
In unknown file:
           0 (put-bytevector #<input-output: file 10> #vu8(70 73 71 95 65
67 69 78 73 67 61 109 10 35 32 67 79 78 ?) ?)

ERROR: In procedure put-bytevector:
In procedure fport_write: Connection reset by peer
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'...  guix pull: error: You
found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/imwpf09ir1vcd5gn3r7iix82w6jv2dfl-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"a612e7cc8bc60a3c5fe08c3260dfac0ffe645ce5"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

----------------------------------------end------------------------------