Subject: bug#79341: 30.2; Outdated Python conditional in .gdbinit

From: Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2025 21:34:14 +0100

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2025-08-31 10:45, Jeremy Bryant wrote:
>>>> It would simplify this part of .gdbinit if we could remove this whole if
>>>> statement
>>> It's just a single "if" line, plus indenting some following lines. How
>>> much simplification would it really be if we removed one line and
>>> unindented the rest?
>> Is this a fundamental change?  No.  It would be a fairly trivial
>> amendment to your contribution, as you indeed describe, to improve
>> readability a little.  Should we wait?
>
> Sounds like we should wait, if peoplestill want to debug on Solaris
> 10. I'm not seeing enough improvement to readability (unindent by one
> level is not much of an improvement) to justify cutting off an
> otherwise-supported platform.

OK, we can revisit the suggestion at some future point.

Closing the bug number for the time being.