Subject: 31.0.50; Gnus summary doesn't display unicode glyphs anymore

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2025 23:01:59 +0200

I've rebuild Emacs (commit 21b072c6074466f3ec7d2489b82e21d8b0cae265) and
now Gnus doesn't display unicode glyphs anymore in the summary buffer. I
went back to commit bb0ede711eb630e3cc4b02316bf76079ce760de6 and the
glyphs work again. Eli, could this be related to the recent display
table changes? Thank you!

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-08-25
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101016
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 13 (trixie)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=$HOME/.local/share/emacs
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter --with-native-compilation
 --with-dbus --without-selinux --without-threads --disable-gc-mark-trace
 --without-gsettings --without-gpm --with-cairo --with-cairo-xcb
 --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-O3 -mtune=native -march=native''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD
LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM
XRANDR GTK3 ZLIB