Subject: bug#7930: (24.0.50; Indentation problem in C-mode)

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:22:11 -0500

I now can recreate this problem, although not minimally.

Using the included file pdusource.c:

emacs -Q pdusource.c
M-g g 549 RET
TAB

This will cause the wrong-type-argument error.  A bisection shows that
this error was introduced in commit 191882,
[email-masked]:

Enhance fontification of declarators to take account of the
presence/absence of "typedef".

cc-engine.el (c-forward-type): New &optional param "brace-block-too".
(c-forward-decl-or-cast-1): cdr of return value now indicates the
presence of either or both of a "struct"-like keyword and "typedef".

cc-fonts.el (c-complex-decl-matchers): Remove the heuristic fontification
of declarators which follow a "}".
(c-font-lock-declarations): Fontify declarators according to the
presence/absence of "typedef".

cc-langs.el (c-typedef-kwds c-typedef-key): New lang variable for
"typedef".
(c-typedef-decl-key): New lang variable built from c-typedef-decl-kwds.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])