Subject: bug#7930: Forgot to include the file

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:19:35 -0500

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here's a patch for the bug.  Would you please try it out and let me know
> it's OK.
>
> Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to pin this one down, and for
> reporting it in such a high quality fashion.  It was a nasty little bug
> caused by a mistaken tacit assumption in an internal CC Mode cache.
>
> The cache in question maintains a list of "safe" positions every ~10,000
> characters, and in your file position 10,001 was in the middle of a
> macro.  It transpires that inside a macro is NOT a safe position ;-(.

Yes, those five lines seem to do the trick.  Thank you very much for
tracking this down.  It seems like it was a fairly brutal piece of
debugging.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])