Subject: bug#79287: closed (Re: bug#79287: [PATCH] Fix submit-emacs-patch MIME type)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 20:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#79287: [PATCH] Fix submit-emacs-patch MIME type

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
79287: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=79287
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#79287: [PATCH] Fix submit-emacs-patch MIME type
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
To: Steven Allen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 20:04:16 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The patch makes sense and I have pushed it to the master branch with
minor modifications to the commit message.  Thanks!

Steven Allen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Tags: patch
>
>
> Change from text/patch to text/x-patch.
>
> In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version
>  1.18.4) of 2025-08-21 built on Laptop
> Repository revision: 32b65fefb61426d76c9c899dbd3e4a1b8ed774b2
> Repository branch: merged
> Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101018
> System Description: Arch Linux
>
> Configured using:
>  'configure
>  'CPPFLAGS=-I/run/user/1000/build/emacs-git/src/mps-git/build/include '
>  'LDFLAGS=-L/run/user/1000/build/emacs-git/src/mps-git/build/lib -Wl,-O1
>  -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now
>  -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto' --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
>  --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man
>  --with-gameuser=:games --with-modules --without-m17n-flt
>  --without-selinux --without-pop --without-gconf --disable-gc-mark-trace
>  --with-mps=yes --enable-link-time-optimization
>  --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=no
>  --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-xaw3d --without-gsettings
>  --with-cairo-xcb --without-xft --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter
>  --without-gpm --without-compress-install
>  '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
>  'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -O3 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
>  -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
>  -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fomit-frame-pointer
>  -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math
>  -flto=auto' 'CXXFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -O3 -pipe -fno-plt
>  -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
>  -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fomit-frame-pointer
>  -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -flto=auto''

Subject: [PATCH] Fix submit-emacs-patch MIME type
From: Steven Allen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 11:23:40 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

Change from text/patch to text/x-patch.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version
 1.18.4) of 2025-08-21 built on Laptop
Repository revision: 32b65fefb61426d76c9c899dbd3e4a1b8ed774b2
Repository branch: merged
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101018
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/run/user/1000/build/emacs-git/src/mps-git/build/include '
 'LDFLAGS=-L/run/user/1000/build/emacs-git/src/mps-git/build/lib -Wl,-O1
 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now
 -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto' --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-gameuser=:games --with-modules --without-m17n-flt
 --without-selinux --without-pop --without-gconf --disable-gc-mark-trace
 --with-mps=yes --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=no
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-xaw3d --without-gsettings
 --with-cairo-xcb --without-xft --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter
 --without-gpm --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -O3 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fomit-frame-pointer
 -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math
 -flto=auto' 'CXXFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -O3 -pipe -fno-plt
 -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fomit-frame-pointer
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -flto=auto''

>From ada1f311b7917709ea370d37ae9a21eb11913189 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Steven Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 11:15:02 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Fix submit-emacs-patch MIME type

The correct MIME type is text/x-patch. Otherwise,
`mm-inline-media-tests' won't recognize and fontify the patch.

* lisp/mail/emacsbug.el (submit-emacs-patch): Use the correct MIME type
for patches.
---
 lisp/mail/emacsbug.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el b/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el
index d43647a12ca..4872f721aa5 100644
--- a/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el
+++ b/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el
@@ -587,7 +587,7 @@ submit-emacs-patch
   (message-goto-body)
   (insert "\n\n\n")
   (emacs-build-description)
-  (mml-attach-file file "text/patch" nil "attachment")
+  (mml-attach-file file "text/x-patch" nil "attachment")
   (message-goto-body)
   (message "Write a description of the patch and use %s to send it"
            (substitute-command-keys "\\[message-send-and-exit]"))
-- 
2.50.1