Subject: bug#79256: closed (Re: bug#79256: 31.0.50; Symbol’svalue as variable is void: cua-mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2025 15:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#79256: 31.0.50; Symbol’s value as variable is void: cua-mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
79256: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=79256
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#79256: 31.0.50; Symbol’s value as variable is void: cua-mode
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2025 18:32:39 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2025 16:48:30 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> schrieb am Sa., 16. Aug. 2025, 16:31:
> 
>  > From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
>  > Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2025 08:01:14 +0000
>  > 
>  > Hi!
>  > 
>  > In X Emacs fails to start with the message
>  > 
>  >     Symbol’s value as variable is void: cua-mode
>  > 
>  > BTW starting from 'emacs -nw' does not show the issue.
> 
>  "make bootstrap" should solve this.
> 
> It did.
> 
> Thanks and sorry for the noise.

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 31.0.50; Symbol’s value as variable is void: cua-mode
From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2025 08:01:14 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

In X Emacs fails to start with the message

    Symbol’s value as variable is void: cua-mode

BTW starting from 'emacs -nw' does not show the issue.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-08-16 built on a8_max
Repository revision: 2987022976f82fa3542ab530745457dbd277a55e
Repository branch: master
System Description: Void Linux

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2
XPM XRANDR GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp-run
comp-common rx time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib term/screen
term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 65150 10361) (symbols 48 6606 0) (strings 32 16628 2220)
 (string-bytes 1 494808) (vectors 16 7494) (vector-slots 8 88670 6873)
 (floats 8 26 425) (intervals 56 235 4) (buffers 984 11))

-- 
Marco Wahl