Subject: Re: bug#79242: 30.1; [ELPA] More proposed improvements for oauth2

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2025 09:47:57 +0100

Hello,

On Sun 31 Aug 2025 at 11:22pm -07, Xiyue Deng wrote:

> Thanks for confirming!  I took the liberty and created a repo on
> gitlab.com[1] for hosting.  I avoided Salsa because it's mainly used for
> Debian packaging and a repo in your personal namespace is usually
> considered a fork from team or debian repo, so using it as a upstream
> repo may be confusing. (But do let me know if that's preferred, and I'm
> fine to move the repo to Salsa.) I have also added versioned tags (e.g
> v0.1, v0.2, etc.) to match the corresponding commits.
>
> Let me know what are still missing for setting up the external repo.
> Thanks again!

Avoiding salsa is fine, it was just a suggestion, though I don't think
your interpretation of the salsa personal namespace matches other
people's.

In any case I've switched ELPA over to fetch from your gitlab.com
repository.  Could you go through and apply the relevant patches and
then ensure the bugs in debbugs are all closed, please?

Thank you for taking this on.

-- 
Sean Whitton