Subject: bug#79228: 30.1.90; native--compile-async sentinel can error if threads are running

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2025 18:11:49 +0300

> From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2025 08:54:58 -0400
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2025, 3:52 AM Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>  Hi Eli,
> 
>  must say I, like you, still don't understand the issue here.
> 
>  Spencer which threads are we talking about?  Native async compilation
>  spawn processes not threads.
> 
> Lisp threads - the thread API in Emacs Lisp.

Are you talking about some 3rd-party package?  If not, how come
threads come into the picture when native-compilation is involved?

IOW, would you please describe the situation from its very beginning,
assuming someone runs something from "emacs -Q"?  Otherwise, it is
very hard to understand what kind of situations could cause async
processes running native compilation to be locked to the wrong
threads.