Subject: bug#79215: closed (Re: bug#79215: 31.0.50; emacs build fails with tree-sitter (bisected))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2025 18:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#79215: 31.0.50; emacs build fails with tree-sitter (bisected)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
79215: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=79215
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#79215: 31.0.50; emacs build fails with tree-sitter (bisected)
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2025 21:49:03 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2025 20:20:22 +0200
> 
> Ciao Eli,
> In data lunedì 11 agosto 2025 17:50:14 Ora legale dell’Europa centrale, Eli 
> Zaretskii ha scritto:
> > > Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2025 11:09:02 -0300
> > > Cc: [email-masked]
> > > From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
> > > 
> > > Yes, it works.
> > 
> > Thanks.  Vincenzo, are you okay with the change?
> Yes. 

Thanks, installed on master, and closing the bug.

Subject: 31.0.50; emacs build fails with tree-sitter (bisected)
From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2025 08:33:46 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

*****

Hi.

In a clean emacs source tree:
./autogen.sh
./configure
make or make bootstrap

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/german/repos/emacs-test/lisp'
ELC treesit.elc
ELC progmodes/php-ts-mode.elc
ELC textmodes/mhtml-ts-mode.elc
Tree-sitter grammar for `jsdoc' is missing; install it? (y or n)
In toplevel form:
progmodes/php-ts-mode.el:72:11: Error: End of file during parsing: Error 
reading from stdin
make[3]: *** [Makefile:330: progmodes/php-ts-mode.elc] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/german/repos/emacs-test/lisp'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:365: compile-main] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/german/repos/emacs-test/lisp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:529: lisp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/german/repos/emacs-test'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/german/repos/emacs-test'
***

I bisected it to commit bd62f57efd3206fc5764e9e592206be820002500

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-08-03 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 92f52805f9e99068ff07148a3a76b1d97e77adbf
Repository branch: feature/igc
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
'configure 'CFLAGS=-O3 -s' --with-mps --with-pgtk
--enable-link-time-optimization --disable-gc-mark-trace'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
delete-selection-mode: t
savehist-mode: t
vertico-posframe-mode: t
vertico-mode: t
nerd-icons-completion-mode: t
marginalia-mode: t
electric-pair-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.2.0/theme-loaddefs
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs-igc-wt/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring emacsbug
lisp-mnt gnus-async qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic hl-line
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nnmaildir epa-file network-stream nsm nnnil
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp gnus-cache
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
warnings gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons json map url-vars mail-source
utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit cl-seq cl-extra help-mode mule-util vertico-sort subr-x
comp-run comp-common rx delsel savehist vertico-posframe
vertico-multiform posframe vertico nerd-icons-completion byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data
nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon nerd-icons-data-codicon
nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon nerd-icons-data-wicon
nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicon
nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon cl-loaddefs cl-lib
marginalia compat init elec-pair info autothemer-autoloads
cape-autoloads debbugs-autoloads doric-themes-autoloads
easy-kill-autoloads eat-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
gcmh-autoloads gptel-autoloads hyprlang-ts-mode-autoloads
i3wm-config-mode-autoloads kdl-mode-autoloads kkp-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
nerd-icons-completion-autoloads nerd-icons-dired-autoloads
nerd-icons-autoloads ninja-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads
odin-mode-autoloads orderless-autoloads org-modern-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads qml-ts-mode-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
spacious-padding-autoloads speedrect-autoloads standard-themes-autoloads
status-autoloads tablist-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads dash-autoloads
vertico-posframe-autoloads vertico-autoloads visible-mark-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads which-key-posframe-autoloads
posframe-autoloads xah-fly-keys-autoloads yeetube-autoloads
yuck-mode-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads early-init g3r-dark-theme rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile mps emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 24 0 0) (symbols 56 0 0) (strings 40 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0)
(vectors 24 0) (vector-slots 8 0 0) (floats 24 0 0)
(intervals 64 0 0) (buffers 1072 0))

-- 
German Pacenza