Subject: Re: bug#79200: 31.0.50; Duplicated elements for '#<marker at' in buffer-undo-list

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2025 12:53:34 +0200

Reverting this commit fixes the problem, both in master and igc:

commit 6f494d74f645d6cffd98e168721a0347de271a54
Author: Pengji Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sat Mar 29 19:04:58 2025 +0800

    New user option to hide minor mode lighters (bug#77361)
    
    * lisp/bindings.el (mode-line-collapse-minor-modes): New user
    option.
    (mode-line-minor-modes): New variable to hold mode line
    constructs for minor modes.
    (mode-line--make-lighter-menu): New helper function to generate
    the menu for hidden minor modes.
    (mode-line--minor-modes): New helper function to computer mode
    line constructs for minor mode lighters.
    (mode-line-modes): Use the new variable 'mode-line-minor-modes',
    and adjust the order of elements so the indicator for hidden
    minor modes is shown towards the end.
    
    * doc/lispref/modes.texi (Mode Line Basics): Move the paragraph
    for 'mode-line-compact' from here...
    * doc/emacs/display.texi (Optional Mode Line): ...to here, and
    document the new user option.
    * etc/NEWS: Annouce the new user option.

Seriously.