Subject: Re: bug#79193: 31.0.50; feature/igc: crashes with no gui frame

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2025 19:59:54 +0200

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> Could you show glyph->frame, f, *glyph->frame, and *f in this stack
> frame?
>
> Is it possible we're simply failing to trace glyph->frame in
> fix_glyph_matrix? 

IIRC, the idea was to not trace the glyph::frame in fix_matrix because
that is not enough in the tty case because not everything is a window in
that case. That lead to fix_glyph_pool and fix_glyph_matrix in the tty
windows could be a nop because window matrices on ttys are sub-allocated
from the pools.

No, for some reason I did

  a19e818265e ; Fix last change

which removed the frame from fix_glyph_pool but left the braces which I
normally dislike if it's only a single statement.

And secondly, I don't check for window-system frames in
fix_glyph_matrix.

And my memory of that is entirely erase at the moment. How weird!
What happened?

> Is there some reason those frames should be pinned, but might fail to
> be?

No, that's not required.