Subject: Re: bug#79156: igc: igc_xpalloc_ambig SEGV

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2025 15:34:40 +0200

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pushed now. Can you confirm it works and close this bug?

Cherry-picked, built, and verified. Thanks!

>> And while everyone is on board: I was making emacs-mac use igc
>> in my Emacs. Seems to have worked, I'm writing this from
>>
>>   ELISP> (and (featurep 'mac) (featurep 'mps))
>>   t
>>
>> Only minimal additions to igc.[ch] were necessary because mac uses a
>> Lisp and a GUI thread, and so on, so I couldn't use init_igc for mac.
>> Two new functions in äifdef HAVE_MAC_GUI instead, igc_init_mac_early and
>> _late.
>
> That sounds like an acceptable price to support macOS better. I don't
> use macOS, though, so I can't really say anything about the two ports
> and their differences.

Yes, I think so too. Let's see how that all plays out. I've old JD that
it's available. And I'm rubbing my hands together that I have a stable
GUI, and it doesn't stutter :-)

Closing.